Zezt Pty Ltd is committed to protecting and improving the environment in all areas of the company’s operations by seeking continual improvement of our environment, and employee safety and health as they relate to our products and operations. This is part of our commitment to preserve and enhance the environment, safety and health of our employees, customers, and neighbours.
The development and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Zezt Pty Ltd management and a shared responsibility with our employees.
Zezt Pty Ltd recognises that commitment to the following guiding principles is fundamental in carrying out the company’s environmental policy:
- To comply with environmental, safety and health laws and regulations, and to the extent practical, implement programs that exceed governmental requirements.
- To consider environmental impacts as an essential element when evaluating new projects, products, and operations.
- To develop procedures for the prevention of injuries.
- To establish objectives and targets aimed at the prevention of pollution by reducing the generation of waste, recycling waste that is generated, and properly disposing of waste that cannot be recycled.
- To develop production processes and products that eliminates or reduces the use or need of hazardous substances.
- To encourage the conservation of energy, water, and natural resources through increased efficiency and the introduction of new technology.
- To provide employees with a better understanding of environmental issues and the company’s commitment, policies, and programs to preserve and improve the environment.
Senior management of Zezt Pty Ltd shall ensure that the environmental policy is clearly understood, implemented, maintained, and communicated at all levels in the organization. Senior management will take the environmental policy into consideration in the development of objectives and targets
Health and Safety Policy
Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations.
We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 2012, and applicable codes of practice and Australian Standards AS/NZS4801 as far as possible.
Will provide and maintain as far as possible:
- a safe working environment
- safe systems of work
- plant and substances in safe condition
- facilities for the welfare of employees
- information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each employee is safe from injury and risks to health
- a commitment to consult and co-operate with employees in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
- a commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
Each employee has an obligation to:
- comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment
- take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others
- wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary. In particular, when near the extrusion area full face shield, eye protection and full length gloves must be worn.
- comply with any direction given by management in relation to health and safety
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided in the interest of health and safety
- report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
- report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
Application of this policy
We seek the co-operation of all employees, customers and visitors. We encourage suggestions in realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate. This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where employees are required to work off-site.
Quality Policy Statement
Zezt Pty Ltd specialises in the manufacture and supply of extruded polyethylene pipe and the supply of associated accessories. Additionally Zezt manufacture and supply cable bolts and consumable mining accessories.
The objective of the organisation is to supply products that are fit for use and have the desired quality in accordance with customer requirements and specifications (AS/NZS4130). Our customers expect safe, reliable and optimum cost products delivered on time.
To achieve the above objective and satisfy the customer expectations, the organisation is totally committed to implementing, maintaining and improving the quality management system based on ISO 9001. Furthermore supporting the ongoing compliance of the Certified Product to AS/NZS 4130 for polyethylene pipes.
Quality problems arising in various areas are to be identified and solved with speed, technical efficiency and economy. We shall focus our resources, both technical and human, towards the prevention of quality deficiencies to satisfy the organisational goal of “right first time…every time”.
The successful operation of the system and adherence to these Australian Standards relies upon the co-operation and involvement of staff at all levels. This policy shall be communicated and understood within the organisation and will be reviewed for continuing suitability.
Our commitment to quality will ensure the continued success of our organisation and the satisfaction of customers and staff.
Zezt Pty Ltd is committed to continuous improvement, in the way we do our business and in the way we encourage and support staff to develop their skills.
Our training aim is to:
- nurture a culture that values training and development, so that staff have the opportunity to reach their potential;
- as a result of our staff training and development we encourage long service and loyal employees;
- deliver increased value to our customers and stakeholders due to more efficient, competent and innovative staff.
To achieve this Zezt Pty Ltd:
- inducts all personnel clearly communicating our values and expectations;
- conducts regular performance reviews with staff, to identify training and development needs to meet the individual and business objectives;
- evaluates training and development activities to monitor their effectiveness;
- encourages individuals to train and develop themselves to meet the business needs and to realise their own personal potential.